1. Be Yourself: My favorite photos are the ones where the couple looks and feels like themselves. Wearing an outfit you're comfortable in will only accentuate your style and personality.
2. Compliment Each Other: Coordinating your outfits a little bit is fine, but don't wear matching outfits. If you don't dress like each other every day of the week, then I don't recommend dressing the same for your engagement shoot.
3. Show your True Colors: Black might be slimming, but I generally advise couples not to wear it since it leads to every speck of dust and hair being easily caught on camera. Wearing white should be saved for your wedding day, so go with bright hues that will pop from the background.
4. Comfort is Key: If you have to jump up and down in your jeans to get them to fit, you might want to opt for something you'll feel more free to move in. Want to wear heels for your beach photo shoot? Swap them out for flips flops, which will help you look more natural and relaxed.
5. Dress on the Same Scale: On the day of your photo shoot, you should both look like you're headed to the same place. Wear clothes that are on the same level of dressiness or casualness.
6. Play off the Location: Think of your surroundings when picking out colors for your outfit. If your photos are in a park, a green dress might camouflage you with the grass and trees. A complimentary color, like a red dress, would pop against the green if you want to stand out.
7. Switch Things Up: If you can’t decide between casual and formal, go for both. Bringing more than one outfit never hurts, as long as you don’t have to haul a bag of clothes around everywhere you go. If you are unsure of what to wear, bring a couple of options to your shoot and ask your photographer which one they think will work best with the setting.
8. Consider the Season: This may seem simple enough, but be sure to check the weather the morning of your shoot. Shorts and flip flops probably aren’t the best on a cold day, and wearing Uggs in the summer might not be the most comfortable option.
9. Don't Fear Prints: So many couples avoid prints because they don’t want to overdo it, but I welcome a good print. To balance the print, I recommend having your partner wear a solid color to even things out a bit. Patterns and prints will show off your figure, while hiding any parts you might not want to accentuate.
10. Layer it Up: Clothes often photograph better when they are layered, so consider adding a cardigan, blazer, or jacket to finish your look.
Read more about the tips here.
Last month we posted some tips that we found regarding your engagement shoot. This month we wanted to share some more tips regarding what to wear for your engagement shoot. We found some great tips given by Shannon Collins Photography. Check them out!
Our featured Wedding Invitation from March: Chris & Mikele
It was great to work with Nika and Taylor on their wedding invitations. Although it may have been cold, their photos in the snow are gorgeous! Check out what Nika had to say about their special day:
"We loved working with Dittobug for our wedding invitations. They were super helpful in creating exactly what we wanted. They were just as helpful when it came to our rushed order."
"Our wedding day was freezing. It turned out perfect, with the help of Dittobug we were surrounded by so many family friends who we love."
The first thing people get to see when it comes to your wedding is your Wedding Invitations! So why not make sure you are looking extra fly in your photos. We found some great tips given by Katherine of Katherine Ashdown Photography regarding your engagement photo shoot. Take a look!
1. Location: Think about your location, it is lovely to go somewhere that is meaningful to you as a couple but also has a variety of backdrops to make things more exciting and give you real variety in the images.
Our featured wedding invitation from February: Elisabeth & Adam
Working with Brianna and Michael on their wedding invitations was a lot of fun. Here is what Brianna had to say about her experience:
"Dittobug Wedding Invitations is perfect! We are so happy that we ordered our wedding announcements through them. The announcements were beautiful, and everyone from the Dittobug Team is beyond friendly."
"Our wedding was absolutely beautiful! It’s everything we have ever dreamed of, plus more. It was the most perfect day and it was so great to be surrounded by the ones we love."
Our featured wedding invitation for January: Breanna & Ben
Our featured Wedding Invitation from January: Rachel & Todd
We had a great time working with Katie & Jeremy on their wedding invitations. Here is what Katie had to say about her experience with Dittobug and their big day:
"We were very pleased with Dittobug. Our wedding invitations came so fast and they were beautiful! I have recommended Dittobug to all my friends."
"Our wedding was perfect. It snowed the day before and was 60 degrees and sunny the day of. There was so much love and happiness with all our friends and family around, truly the perfect fairytale day."